Service excellence is our mission.
- Recruitment, selection and placement
- Responsive handling
- Training and development
- Management development
- Temporary and contract staff employment
- Develop and sustain core competencies and maximize its human resources in order to meet its strategic objectives and improve operational performance
- Create a learning culture by assisting and facilitating the process whereby employees take responsibility to improve their own educational and competency levels, to the mutual benefit of the individual and the organization
Professional Appointments recruitment and selection procedures are non-discriminatory and comply with the provisions of the Labour Relations Act, Basic Conditions of Employment Act, Employment Equity Act and the Compensation for Occupational and Injuries Diseases Commissioner.
We believe that suitably selected candidates who are appropriately placed and positioned can be used as an effective tool and asset in achieving an Organization's Business Plan. To this end we support the external utilization of laws, policies, systems and processes, which promote Candidate placement based on competencies.
- Our fees are competitive with a guarantee.
- Professional, credit and criminal references are conducted if required.
- Employing Temporary staff is a cost effective way of coping with seasonal work peaks, holidays and sickness, without the administrative hassles.
- Should the client require, applicants could undergo a wide range of assessments to determine competencies and skills.
- Our CV’s are in compliance with the LRA (Labour Relations Act).
- We are a member of the Association of Personnel Services organization (APSO) and operate according to its standards and principles.
- We assure you of our dedicated professional attention and co-operation in selecting the best-qualified, most suitable candidates.
We provide sourcing, selection and placement of qualified and experienced candidates on permanent and temporary/contract basis, both local and international in the following areas:
- Marketing (Junior, Middle and Senior Management Levels)
- Logistics and Planning Management (Junior and Senior)
- Human Resources and support functions (Junior and senior Management)
- Quality Management/Assurance
- Engineering (Mechanical, Chemical, Electrical/Electronics and Civil)
- Merchant and Commercial Banking
- Financial (Management and Clerical)
- Administration and office support
- Call Centre Customer Response Consultants
- Temporary and contract staff (across the board)
Copies of the Professional Appointments Managerial Interview sheet and Customer Support Interview sheet are available on request.
Based on a comprehensive brief from the client, the following methods are used to source candidates:
- An extensive database built up over 30 years of operation
- Networking, personal referrals from people we have successfully placed are highly valued
- Regional advertising – especially in the event of a very specialised position
- National Advertising – using all major print media
- Internet advertising
- Contacting Universities and Technikon faculties and schools in the event of a Graduate Recruitment Program
- Managing a Response Handling Program
All suitable applicants are personally interviewed by one of our trained consultants according to our standard interviewing procedures.
Suitable applicants are then short-listed to meet the criteria stipulated in the job requirements.
Comprehensive reference checking then follows to confirm applicants’ employment dates, job profile, and management potential as well as interpersonal skills. Credit references, Criminal Record & Qualifications are verified on request.
If required, applicants will be referred for competency assessments.
All qualifications will be confirmed with relevant institutions and certified copies will be provided.
Short-listed applicants will then be referred to the client and the relevant interviews will be arranged.
Professional Appointments will forward and enter into a formal service contract (Permanent or Temporary) with the Client upon acceptance of our service.
Blossom Durie established Professional Appointments CC in 1985 with the view of providing organizations with permanent and temporary staff, both locally and internationally.
She believes that her preceding years in the industry were an ideal foundation for her work as a recruiter.
Her attention to detail, good listening skills and prodigious understanding have been instrumental in obtaining loyal, lasting relationships with clients for over 30 years.
Professional Appointments CC is effectively supported by a team of excellent people whose teamwork, professionalism and exceptional customer services have helped her build long-term associations with her ever-growing client base.
Collectively her consultants have over a 100 years’ experience in the recruitment industry.